At Southern River Agility and Obedience Dog Club we offer annual memberships.
Beginners must complete our registration form during our enrolment periods for each term. These dates are listed below. When first joining the club you will need to complete either Puppy Manners or Beginner’s Manners classes (depending on your dogs age. Please note that your puppy needs to be at least 16 weeks to train on the Dogs West grounds). These are our beginners/ entry level classes. To train agility you will need to complete one of the beginners classes and Skills Level 1. Dogs also need to be at least 12 months of age to take part in the Foundation Agility class. The term dates follow the school terms.
* *We are still taking enrolments on the night (Monday 22nd July) from 6:30pm for Beginner’s and Puppy Manners.
Term Dates 2019
Term 4 – Mon 14th Oct – Mon 16th December
Term Dates 2020
Term 1 – 3rd Feb – 9th April
Term 2 – 28th April – 3rd July
Term 3 – 20th July – 25th Sept
Term 4 – 12th Oct – 17th Dec
*Note: No training classes are conducted on Public Holidays
Enrolment Periods 2019
Term 4 2019 – Sun 29th Sept – Fri 11th Oct
Enrolment Periods 2020
Term 1 – 12th Jan – 31st Jan
Term 2 – 12th April – 26th April
Term 3 – 5th July – 18th July
Term 4 – 27th Sept – 10th Oct
How to register:
1. Fill out the registration form and pay the annual membership fees (See below).
- Make sure you have a digital copy of your dog’s vaccination certificate to upload during registration (pdf, jpeg and docx are accepted files). Proof of vaccination requirements:
- Dogs under 2 years old a recent vaccination certificate
- Dogs over 2 years old either a recent vaccination certificate or a recent titre test results
2. Login to the website once your account has been activated (You will receive an activation email). This will occur once payment has been received for your annual membership.
3. Enrol in the Beginner’s Obedience classes called Puppy Manners (Younger than 6 months) or Beginner’s Manners (Older than 6 months)
4.Once your registration is activated please join the Facebook page to receive club updates and join your class Facebook page.
(You will only be approved if you have paid your membership fees)
The first Beginners class of the term is held on the first Monday of the term at 7pm. This first class is compulsory. All family members who will be handling your dog during the term MUST attend this session. Failure to attend this first class will result in cancellation of your membership. During this class your instructor will inform you of the time of your class for the rest of the term (either 7pm or 8pm)
Note: We only accept dogs who are at least 16 weeks of age. And have completed their final vaccinations 2 weeks before the start of training. These classes are large group classes on the oval. We do not offer puppy-preschool type classes.
If you are transferring from an Australian National Kennel Club affiliated club please fill out the Contact us form.
Members with Multiple Dogs:
Your membership allows you to train multiple dogs at our club. However, we have a one-on-one policy where you may only have one dog on the training ground at a time.
Annual Membership Fees
When you initially join the club you will need to pay your Annual Membership Fees to activate your account. Once your account is activated you can enrol in your class and will need to pay the Class Fees for the term (see Classes).
|Membership Type||Annual Fee||Description|
|Single||$80||Permits one person to attend classes for a year|
|Family||$100||Permits two adults and two children (living at the same address) to attend classes for a year|
|Single Pensioner||$40||Available to persons holding an Age Pension Card. The card must be shown when taking out membership|
|Family Pensioner||$50||Available to two persons holding an Age Pension Card (living at the same address). The card must be shown when taking out membership|